Do you have an interest or background in…
• Working outdoors?
• Working with children?
• Drama / theatre studies?
• Bushcraft activities?
If so you could be just the person we’re looking for to join our dynamic team of outdoor childrens’ party leaders!
Our unique and innovative outdoor parties are open to children aged 5-12, taking children on an exciting journey that will capture their imagination, instil a love and appreciation of the great outdoors, and challenge them physically and mentally.
We’re looking to recruit birthday party leaders to join our growing team, to help lead, oversee and coordinate the parties. As a birthday party leader you could be:
• Taking children on an exciting adventure through the woods to hunt dinosaur eggs or pirate treasure!
• Overseeing children enjoying outdoor activities including archery, climbing, tobogganing, crate stacking, zipwire and abseiling.
• Capturing children’s imagination through expressive language and storytelling skills, bringing a party to life
• Helping children crack secret spy codes and build covert spy shelters!
• Teaching children invaluable bushcraft skills like firelighting, water filtration and orienteering.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is confident and outgoing
• Is happy working as a team
• Can use their enthusiasm and energy to bring a party to life
• Has excellent communication skills with children and adults
• Is flexible and reliable
• Can make a positive contribution and has a friendly, polite and professional manner.
• Is happy and comfortable working with children aged 5-12.
Full on the job training provided. Experience of working with children / outdoor activity work are preferable but not compulsory. Our ideal candidate could be:
• A 6th form / college / University student looking for weekend work to fit in with their studies
• Someone working full or part time and looking to supplement their income with some extra weekend work.
• A stay at home mum / dad looking for work that fits around childcare
• Someone who has their Duke of Edinburgh and is looking for related work / experience to put their skills into practise.
• Someone looking to develop a career working with children in an outdoor / education setting
The key for us is finding someone who shares our passion for delivering inspirational outdoor activities and birthday party experiences for children, works well with our fun, hardworking and dynamic team, and is happy explaining the difference between a T-rex and a brontosaurus to a 5 year old!
To apply for this role or for more information please email your CV and covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours of work: Up to 8 hours on most Sundays throughout March-October, and the occasional Sunday during our off-peak season
Rate of pay: competitive salary
Location: Phasels Wood, Kings Langley.
We are looking to fill a number of seasonal/weekend positions for different periods throughout the year so even if you have a specific and limited time available to work we may still be able to work with you.