At Wildchild we are proud to offer children innovative and exciting non-traditional sports, team-building and outdoor activities to inspire a love of learning and adventure. Our activities include skateboarding, archery, fencing, bushcraft, team-building and outdoor adventurous activities including climbing, abseiling, orienteering, low/high ropes courses and many more.
Our Apprenticeship offers a unique opportunity for anyone wanting to begin a career in activity leadership, outdoor education or the outdoor leisure sector. It will help you to develop leadership skills, work with and inspire children through sports and outdoor adventurous learning activities and play a key part in developing an enjoyable and educational programme of activities that children keep coming back to.
What you will be doing:
- Assisting / providing high quality outdoor activity / sports coaching for young people during and after school (PPA cover, enrichment activity days, residential camps, and after school clubs), and at weekends / school holidays (birthday parties, holiday activities)
- Using your own ideas and creativity to plan activity sessions.
- Working with schools, Wildchild and other groups to agree objectives and ensuring these objectives are met through the delivery of the activity sessions.
- Ensuring participants feel confident and included, and encouraging them to work and think independently.
- Taking responsibility for the overall delivery and success of the activities including:
- Assisting with the maintenance and development of equipment.
- Setting up and clearing away the indoor and outdoor areas for the activities
- Taking responsibility for the health and safety of participants at all times, and bearing in mind risk assessment procedures.
What we are looking for:
No specific qualifications are required for this role, however the ideal apprentice would:
- Enjoy working with children
- Be reliable, hard working and trustworthy.
- Have excellent communication skills, able to confidently communicate with children and adults.
- Be passionate about providing outstanding customer service.
- Be willing to undergo any training required to fulfil the role.
- Be flexible in adapting the role and changing location to meet varying customers and programme needs.
- Be available to work on some weekends, after school and during school holidays.
- Have high levels of enthusiasm and energy.
- Be a team player.
- Show initiative and confidently plan activity sessions.
- Have a full driving license and access to their own means of transport.
- Have a good sense of humour and a zest for life! Our activities are intended to be educational, safe, but above all fun!
All training will be provided and the successful candidate will achieve an NVQ in Activity Leadership:
Competence: NVQ Certificate in Activity leadership.
Knowledge: Level 2 Award in Leading Health-Related Activity Sessions.
Employment Rights and Responsibilities: Active IQ Level 2 Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning.
Please note this role will require the satisfactory completion of Criminal Record Checks.
To apply or for more information please send a CV with covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0845 3717099.